A lot of times we are occupied with work or other activities to have a good healthy workout. Without knowing, we become overweight or over fat and so you have to do something about that. What do you do?
Here are a few steps you should embrace to drop overweight and over fat conditions and complications.
- Start a regular exercise program. Do simple activities such as walking two blocks as you go and leave your work place; taking the stairs and walking the kids to school do help your body a lot.
- Increase the amount of physical activity. After your body starts getting used to the routine of small activities, challenge yourself and start a little more intensive workouts. Walk a bit further, include jogging and push-ups in your workout strategy. These serves as a more specified exercise for the body parts that are involved. Having sit-ups could help you deal with the over fat around the abdomen.
- Have an active lifestyle. One of the main factors for the development of lifestyle diseases is a sedentary lifestyle. With everything being automated; cars, lifts and even tooth brushes, the risks of being over fat and overweight increase. This should actually motivate you to start exercising. Spending most of the time in front of computers and other electronic pass times increases the risk of being over fat. Sitting around only participates in the storage of fat in the body.
- Consult with your physician. This should probably be the first on this list. You should consult your physician to have a clear understanding of your health position. You probably need a physician to determine whether you are overweight. There are tests such as body mass ratio and weight and height ratio which help determine whether you are overweight or not. About over fat, a simple self check such as determining how much body fat is around your waist or under your arm should give you an idea.
- Do exercises you can enjoy and are able to do. You need to do exercise you are comfortable with and not just what is supposed to be done. Having fun motivates you to have a long-term commitment for your exercise program. Avoid the perception that exercise is all physically intensive. Dancing and swimming are a good exercise and you fun too. Working out is not always the formal type where you have to enrol in a gym schedule. There are several types of exercise forms you can do. Exercising should be fun, not all about the intense tiring and scripted physical work out we see in the television and in magazines.
- Have a regular exercise time. This helps your body to adjust and prepare itself. As you follow a set guideline, it becomes part of you and your routine, making exercise much more fun and easier. You need to find the best of times for your workout. The best times recommended are in the early mornings and in the evenings where you should do a little more than in the morning.
- Set goals that will guide your physical exercise. Have a clear documented program of your workout. Set these goals in accord with your dietary intake. As you exercise, feed your body with all the nutrients it requires. This is also part of the reason you should consult your doctor before and as you exercise.
- Upgrade your program as you adapt and progress. Starting small, walking a hundred meters a day and then increasing that distance has healthier results than starting huge and overworking your body. Exercise should not be a workout to tear your body but to build it.
- Always monitor your weight as per your program. Remember, you are to combine both dieting and exercising if you are to manage being overweight and over fat. Having set your guide lines, regularly evaluate your progress. Document your weight loss and dieting program.
- Practice safety to avoid injuries. It is only healthy to stay safe while you exercise. Avoid over working your body, avoid injuring yourself and infections and avoid developing other medical hazards such as bone fractures in the process. This may hospitalize you rendering you dormant.
What do you do to stay healthy?