What is Herbal medication?
It is the use of plant-based products in their raw form for curing purposes. This practice is also called botanical medication. Concoctions are made from seeds, barks, roots, leaves and other such plant parts in varied proportions and according to the illness/need at hand.
Practiced in various parts of the world, herbal medication does fulfill its purposes effectively. It also can challenge your health.
What do they do?
Herbal medications do cure most health disorders/conditions.
Whether physical, mental or other susceptible conditions, mixtures of the medication do posses potent nutrients that are reliable as they are in their raw formulae.
Plant based nutrients are always a favorite of the body’s digestive system.
Readily digestive and absorbable, herbal medication offers more than just a solution as you stand to benefit from the full spectrum of nutrients they posses.
Benefits of Herbal medication.
- Compared to pharmaceuticals, herbal medication are pocket friendlier.As they do not go through the process of manufacturing, they become cheaper and readily available too. With the elimination of market industry prices, herbal medication only goes through harvesting, preparation and a modest packaging procedure and preservation, thus becoming quite affordable.
- Another great benefit accrued from herbal medication is that they do not have side effects.They may cause uncomfortable reactions within you but that’s just it. Manifestations of incompatibility such as high blood pressure are not side effects; discontinuation of usage instantly solves such concerns.Herbal medications either are compatible with your health system or not. If they are, you do not get to experience side effects such as those influenced by pharmaceuticals. This also renders them far much less harmful as compared to conventional medicine.
- Compared to pharmaceuticals, herbal medication is not addictive.Since it is prepared using organic content, it has no additives that cause a dependency habit. In terms of resistance too, they are far more irresistible by diseases compared to conventional medicine.
- With their primary focus being to generally improve your immune system than solve the going concern, herbal medication stands out in offering long-term solutions to your health.Though a concoction can be prepared specifically targeting your health concern at hand, it is limitless what nutrients can do to improve your immunity thus preventing other diseases in the process.
Challenges/problems in using Herbal medication.
- A challenge that faces the use of herbal medication is dosage concerns.The question of how long or how much to consume is a daunting task since you are not scientifically evaluated. With this, the time of recuperation is not certain.You may need more time than if you did use pharmacy prescriptions.In other cases, the concoction could work more effectively than conventional medication. Recovery period could easily shorten depending on the combination of ingredients.
- They have no solid legal framework that exclusively stipulate the usage of herbal medication.There is no guarantee attached with the practice. It is all by your own risk. Whether branded or not, government recognition all over the world still remains non-committal to the practice.Quality assurance provisions associated with pharmaceuticals is not a common extension in the herbal medication field.
- Professionalism in herbal medication is also a major factor to consider.This entails on who does preparation of your dosage and how they prepare it too.So as not to jeopardize your health further, consider hygiene and quality of both the contents and the one preparing them for you. Consider the packaging, storing, methods of preparation and the qualifications of the preparer. Qualifications here are not necessarily educational documents.More often, those who are good in this industry are either self-taught or have been apprentices of renowned herbal medicine men.
Trends of Herbal medication.
With health professionals embracing the amazing potency of herbal medication, prescriptions are still not as necessary as compared to pharmaceuticals.
You can buy herbal medication without consulting your doctor though this is not recommended !
With various drug stores stocking herbal medication, they have become more of an over the counter solution. This not only favors your economics, it also considers your other urgent concerns such as time and state of illness.
From a renowned supplier, herbal medication should sufficiently offer you overall wellness.
Do remember though, to always consult a medical professional; for check-up or treatment.
- Research about what the herbal medication does for your health.
- Only use products prepared professionally.
- Follow prescribed dosages to avoid health disorders.