An allergy is becoming a more common disease in the majority of Americans. This disease makes life complicated, as it dictates a certain lifestyle, but that does not mean that it should be passive and mediocre. If you make adjustments to your lifestyle, stick to a diet and exercise daily, then you will manage to improve your allergies.
Here are some tips, which will be beneficial for you.
Keep to a Balanced Diet
It doesn’t matter what type of the allergy you are suffering from, a healthy diet is paramount. Try eating a variety of vegetables, fruit, healthy fats (avocado, olive oil), and forget about junk food. There are some foods, which compensate for the deficiency of nutrients and vitamins:
- Walnuts, spinach, Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are involved in the majority of chemical processes in the body and are essential for the organism.
- Garlic, red grapes, onions, blueberries, pomegranates contain LOX inhibitors. LOX enzymes take part in the production of leukotrienes, which are key contributors to allergies.
- Such herbs as rosemary, basil and sage decrease the inflammation, and a stinging nettle contains natural antihistamines and may cut down allergy signs.
Besides, abstain from the consumption of corn, sunflower seeds, peanut oil because they have omega-6 fats, they may enhance infection. Therewith, taking probiotics on a regular basis might be helpful.
Sport is Life
Hit the gym regularly and opt those exercises, which will fit you best. For instance, if you suffer from a nasal allergy, focus on exercises for your heart and lungs, before the training, take antihistamines or use nasal sprays. Or if you are prone to a dust allergy, choose stretching exercises or yoga. Follow your schedule, but don’t push yourself beyond your capabilities.
Besides, you may do sports even if you are allergic to outdoor allergens. For example, in the case of a pollen allergy, choose the place far from fields or if you suffer from a mold allergy, workout away from the lake. Always take medicines and wear a mask to avoid triggers.
When you work out indoors or outdoors, always keep yourself hydrated and try to end your exercise with a bath, it will give you relief.
You should give up on bad habits and create a harmless atmosphere at home, it will keep allergy symptoms from creeping into your daily life.
So, get rid of the following habits:
- Do not smoke and keep away from secondhand smoke as it may cause allergies and asthma.
- Reduce your alcohol intake as it may worsen allergy signs or lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a stroke.
- Reduce stress as it may manifest in physical problems: a tight chest, hyperventilation, which may trigger asthma symptoms. Keep calm and meditate daily.
- Give up eating spicy foods and drinking coffee, they tend to be the culprits of asthma.
Also, take care of your home and pets, remove the allergens and then you will minimize the risk of the allergy occurrence. Stick to these plain rules:
- Always clean your bed regularly and wash sheets and pillow cases to kill dust mites. Note that the water temperature should be at least 130 °F.
- Vacuum the carpeted place, but be careful as the vacuum cleaner may stir up allergens into the air, so enter the room some time after the cleanup.
- Get a dehumidifier to keep humidity below 60% as moisture may provoke mold. Wipe the container of the dehumidifier clean to keep mildew at bay. At the same time, don’t eliminate humidity completely as dry air may cause asthma.
- Stick to the minimalist interior. It is almost impossible to keep decorative pillows, scented candles, panels, textiles, which performs only an aesthetic function allergy – free, so discard this decor.
- Polish your furniture to get rid of dust.
- If you have pets, wash them at least once a week with shampoos, which eliminate allergens both from the skin and fur.
Try Other Treatment
Some specialists state that acupuncture is very effective in treating the allergy signs such as a runny nose, sneezing, watery and puffy eyes. During the process, a practitioner places thin needles at various body parts. If you suffer from chronic allergies, then you should undergo several courses of treatment, an acupuncture session is held once a week.
Hence, try to alter your way of life, make a diet useful and safe, work out, keep your house clean, try various remedies and methods of treatment and then the allergy won’t bother you and you will lead an active and balanced lifestyle.