Have you ever wanted to completely remove the background from one of your photos and replace it with a new image? It may be as a last resort if the background is unsalvageable and detracts from the subject, or it may just be to create an interesting artistic effect or to super-impose the subject in a new location.
Irrespective of why you want to change the background of your photo, all it takes is a little bit of editing to do the job. As much as it may seem complicated to completely change the background of a photo, Movavi Photo Editor will let you get the job done in nothing more than a few clicks.
To use Movavi Photo Editor as a background remover is extremely straightforward. When you are ready to get started, just follow these steps:
- Launch Movavi Photo Editor.
- Click ‘Browse for Images’ and select the photo that you want to edit.
- Open up the ‘Background Removal’ tab near the top.
- Select the green ‘Foreground Brush’ and use it to mark the elements that you want to keep.
- Select the red ‘Background Brush’ and use it to mark the background areas that you want to remove.
- Check that the yellow line that appears surrounding the object you marked is correct (use the ‘Selection Eraser’ tool if it isn’t).
- Click ‘Set New Background’ to remove the background.
- Click ‘Add Image’ and select a new image to use as the background.
- Click ‘Apply’ when you’re satisfied to finalize the changes, then click ‘Save As’ to save the image.
All in all it probably won’t take you very long to change the background of your photo. If you want you could choose to leave it blank to create a transparency. Before you do save your photo however, you should also explore the other features in Movavi Photo Editor and use them to improve the photo quality, apply filters, remove unwanted elements, insert customizable text, transform the frame, touch up portraits, and much more.
As you can see Movavi Photo Editor will make editing your photo far easier than you may have imagined. That is a big part of what makes it so popular, as it requires no prior experience or special skills and yet can help you to edit photos just like a professional would.