When it comes to transforming nails from bland to grand, you’ll need something special to make your hands stand out from the boring and default painted nail polish looks that just about anyone can pull off. One of the brilliant things about incorporating nail art into your looks are that they’re misleadingly easy to recreate yourself at home, and you can be as creative as you like.
Before you go tackling the some of the more intricate nail designs, you’ll need to make sure you have the basic equipment in your arsenal.
- Nail Varnishes: It should go without saying, but any aspiring nail artist doesn’t deserve excellent nails without an assortment of nail varnish colours to work with.
- Nail Enamel Remover: Whether you need to turn back time on styles gone wrong or to give you a fresh base to create new designs with, you will be filled with nothing but regret if you don’t have a bottle lying around.
- Nail File: Whilst you may be thinking this isn’t necessary, a nail file will not only make sure your nails are even, but if you have multi-purpose buffer your nails will look glossy and healthy even when you can’t be bothered to do anything will them.
Stick On Stuff To Get You Unstuck
Being a Picasso with a nail polish brush is fine and all, but if you wanted the most chic looking nails that really stand out, then you’ll want to add some bedazzle to give them something special. Fortunately, nail art supplies are cheap and easy to come by and are even easier to apply for those lacking a surgical steady hands.
- Swarovski Crystals: For anyone wanting to project a rich and extravagant look, you can’t go wrong with some crystals on your nails.How To Wear: They apply easily whilst nails are still wet, and despite looking great over the whole nail, for an interesting look apply them to the tips only.
- Nail Art Glitter: Ideal for those who want to add some unique sparkle to their nails in a rainbow of colours, which makes it easier to pile on the sparkle or make glittered patterns with.How To Wear: Simply apply the glitter to wet nails and once dry paint a layer of glossy varnish on top for a smoother finish.
- 3D Nail Art: Nothing will diversify your nails more than some unique 3D nail art transfers. From celebrities to models, you’ll find that nothing adds a greater quirk to your looks than these unique style enhancers.How To Wear: Whilst they’re perfect on all your nails, a growing trend is to wear them on the same finger of each hand, usually the ring finger.License: Creative Commons image source
Looking online you’ll find a number of styles and designs to imitate, but the most appealing aspect of nail art is to make something all your own and to use your nails as a form of expression. That being said, if you don’t feel confident coming up with your own ideas then use an online tutorial and exchange the suggested colours to something you’d prefer, or change materials from glittered nail polish to nail art glitter to mix up their looks.
Jemma Jane is someone who loves writing about nail art – sometimes she even has time to do it herself!